Each year I choose a word that I live with and really dig into throughout the year. Last year in 2020, my word was WISDOM (discernment) and boy oh boy did I learn A LOT! In a year of huge change and life looking nothing like we are used to, this year gave me ample time to learn and grow. By no means have I figured it all out but as I begin to reflect on the months of this year, I am amazed at what I did accomplish and learn.
I began a journey with a mentor photographer who has rearranged my photography business and my mindset when it comes to my “head trash”. I have joined a local AND worldwide community where I am learning to be a better business woman and human. I have reached out to my church and found a new small group bible study. I have started therapy again (with husband by my side) to better equip myself with boundaries dealing with my adult child. I have read books and books and books (20 in all) AND listened to countless podcasts and audible books. I have shown up on my mat every day at 5 am for meditation, prayer and my miracle morning routine. And I can go on!
Moving into 2021, my word that I have prayed for and that keeps coming back to me is abundance. In a spiritual context, the notion of abundance or plenty is less about material conditions, revolving instead (once basic needs are met), around an appreciation of life in its fullness, joy and strength of mind, body and soul. This is the cultivation of respect for the creative energy of the universe.
As I being I have thought about some ways I can attract abundance. If you have more please share them in the comments!
- Begin with gratitude. This is ALWAYS my first go to with everything I do. Thanksgiving and gratitude. I set my feet on the floor and say “thank you” to God for this new day. I believe miracles happen just by beginning there.
- Dream big. Everything begins in the heart and mind. Every great achievement began in the mind of one person. Think big. Don’t let negative thinking discourage you. That head trash will never go away so just learn to tame the bully. Dream of the possibilities for yourself, your family and for others. If you had a dream that you let grow cold, re-ignite the dream! Fan the flames. Life is too short to let it go.
- Alter the mindset. No more fear-based mindset allowed. Believe you have abundance and let go of limiting beliefs.
- Stop making excuses. This one is in NEON for me. I can get lost in my sea of excuses. Decisions lead directly to destiny. Do you believe that? You should. It’s true. Sooner or later, what you do—and who you really are—determines what you ultimately achieve.
- Build your empowering reality. You’re creating your reality right now. Being very intentional about the reality that you’re creating is an action step. Reality is subjective; if you realize that it’s a construct, if you realize that you are choosing to believe something, then you can choose to believe that you can do something about it.
- Write down the beliefs that you have about yourself. On one side, list the things that empower you and move you forward. The things that make you more confident, that give you the courage and the audacity to move forward. On the other side, list the things that demotivate or demean you and move you away from your goals. You can choose to believe things that empower you, and you can choose to ignore the things that move you backward.
- Realize your potential. The wonderful thing about potential is that it can build upon itself. If you can just get the snowball rolling, the energy of motion will take over. Think for a moment about the people you respect. Why do you admire them? You are probably drawn to them because they are full of realized potential. When we see people exerting this kind of energy, it compels us to draw ourselves closer to them and become a part of what they are doing.
- Commit to living your dream. Another doozy!!! Once you commit to living your dreams, the lids blinding your eyes will be lifted. A completely new world will be opened to your view. You will notice opportunities that have been in your reach all along, ones your conscious mind simply didn’t pay heed to. The fundamental change taking place is your self- identity. This is the point of no return. Once this shift has happened, your whole world changes.
- Nothing is impossible to you.
- Your only limitations are your consciousness, which is quickly expanding.
- Whatever you want quickly becomes yours because you see what most people don’t.
- Now that you can see it everywhere, you are sprinting.
9. Be “OTHERS” oriented. When you stand on the beach and watch the waves hit the shore, do you think there’s any end to the water? There is, of course, but we can’t comprehend it, so we think seawater is endlessly abundant. You would never deny a bucketful to a child building a sand castle because you can refill that bucket again and again. That’s how the abundance mindset works. You give away praise, recognition, ideas, knowledge and money because you know there’s plenty to go around. What you give away will come back to you a thousand times over. ( I think this is why I am drawn to the ocean)
10. Make the most of the infinite possibilities born of faith. Explore the unique, endless possibilities within you.
So cheers to a new year and another new chapter….
Please let me know your word for 2021 AND if you can add to my abundance I will add to yours